I'm sure you've noticed my absence as of late. Struggling to muster the strength to even right this post. I've enjoyed the thanksgiving break with family and friends, even if it didn't all work out how we hoped.
My husband and I have had a rough few weeks (with another one to come) with our beloved adopted dog Hank. I'll save that for later though, because it's hard to talk about right now.
Here were a few happy things from my downtime:
- - Seeing my sister, Granny and Aunt, as well as extended family friends for a pre-thanksgiving fajita lunch! (This made for the best thanksgiving yet!)
- - Having my hubby home for a few days to hang out, catch up on t.v. and play lots of games.
- - Getting to see the Dr. Strange movie!
- - Having another (and way more traditional) thanksgiving with Mike's family on actual Turkey Day.
- - Being allowed to bring Hank with us to their house, so we didn't have to spend a lot on a sitter.
- - Surviving my awful PMS cramps during thanksgiving ( I suffer from a medical condition called P.C.O.S. which makes things way worse, but this is for another day)
- - Grateful for a heated gel pack for the trip home the Friday after thanksgiving.
- - Was thrilled at how well Hank did in the car for the almost 3 hour trip each way to and from the in-laws.
- - Happy to not deal with the Black Friday mess (shop online folks!) I actually didn't do any shopping as I felt so miserable and frustrated by the end of the trip.
- - Having good food with my mom and sister when they came by to see our new house before my sister flew back to Florida.
- - Playing tourists and enjoying awesome breakfast tacos before leaving to the airport the next morning.
- - Attempting a lemon bread loaf for T^3 this week and it failed to rise to the occasion. (literally just fell flat) So, sorry for skipping that post!
- - Enjoying the nice lemon aroma that filled the house while baking the failed tea time Tuesday treat.
- - Happy my tea was fine and tasty.
- - Taking photos of Hank and cuddling everyday, until his last.
- - Coloring pages in my animal adult coloring books.
How about You?
What were some things that made you happy? Did you enjoy your holiday season?
Until We Meet Again,